According to Article 37. Development of the transmission system of the Law of Ukraine “On the electricity market” No. 2019-VIII:
Every year by May 1, the transmission system operator, develops and submits to the Regulator for approval a 10-year transmission system development plan due to the procedure, approved by the Regulator. The 10-year transmission system development plan ensures that transmission system meets the requirements of the electricity market as well as the electricity supply security interests.
The 10-year transmission system development plan should constitute of:
1) measures to ensure the security of electricity supply;
2) main objects of the transmission system that should be constructed or reconstructed within next 10 years,;
3) information about the objects of the transmission system to be built or reconstructed within next 10 years, terms and funding sources of the construction and reconstruction;
4) information on investments into the approved objects of the transmission system that are already at the stage of implementation, with the indication of projected investments to be made within the next three years.
The 10-year transmission system development plan is worked out based on a report on the compliance assessment (sufficiency) of the generating facilities, as well as plans to develop the adjacent transmission systems and power distribution systems.
During the preparation of the 10-year transmission system development plan a transmission system operator ensures public discussions and consultations with the market stakeholders.
At present, SE “NPC “Ukrenergo” prepared and published on 23 March 2018 the draft document “Transmission System Development Plan for 2019-2028.”* The open discussions of the project were held on 18 May 2018, and the results were documented in the relevant Minutes. It was decided to uphold the draft Development Plan and submit it for approval to the NEURC.
* available only in Ukrainian