The transmission system operator (SE “NPC “Ukrenergo”) performs the functions of the Settlements Administrator (Article 52 of the Law of Ukraine “On Electricity Market”).
In the part of ensuring the electricity market operation, the Settlements Administrator:
– registers market participants, the parties responsible for balance and balancing services suppliers and maintains the relevant registers on an ongoing basis;
– administers the databases of contractual sale and purchase volumes and actual volumes of output and/or consumption, and/or export, and/or import of electricity by market participants;
– calculates prices and volumes of electricity unbalances, payments for electricity between the transmission system operator and balancing services suppliers in the balancing market;
– calculates payments for ancillary services purchased by the transmission system operator;
– discloses information and publishes data on the transmission system operator’s website and relevant platforms, as provided by the current legislation and international obligations of Ukraine, provides information to the Regulator and market participants.