On 30 March 2020 NPC Ukrenergo resumed daily auctions for procurement of ancillary services (AS). It is worth reminding that on 16 March the auctions were suspended because changes to the Market Rules and the Pricing Procedure for ancillary services came into effect and required that marginal prices for AS should be published 15 days prior to the auction.
On 30 March the daily auction was held for the procurement with the supply period of 31 March:
- Frequency Containment Reserve (FCR) – for 126 MW (in each direction)
- Automatic Frequency Restoration Reserve (aFRR) – for 372 MW (in each direction
- upward manual Frequency Restoration Reserve (upward mFRR) – for 628 MW
- downward manual Frequency Restoration Reserve (downward mFRR) – for 49 MW
Action marginal prices per the Procedure are as follows: for FCR and aFRR – 780.07 UAH/MW, upward mFRR– 498.55 UAH/MW, downward mFRR– 281.52 UAH/MW.
Please be reminded that at present there are two market participants registered on the ancillary services market who can offer the services of nine generating units:
- PJSC “Ukrhydroenergo”: Dniprovska HPP-1; Serednyodniprovska HPP; Kanivska HPP; Kakhovska HPP; Dniprovska HPP-2; Kremenchutska HPP; Kyivska HPP; Dnistrovska HPP
- DTEK Skhidenergo LLC: Kurakhivska TPP