NPC UKRENERGO informs about the deadline for the submission of package of documents on January 27, 2020, at 18-00 at the address of the Company responsible for personnel selection, Amrop Ukraine (Executive Search Ukraine LLC), email@example.com (phone for information: +380 44 585 2551).
According to the Charter of NPC UKRENERGO and the resolution of the Supervisory Board dated December 6, 2019, on January 13, 2020, there was an announcement for the selection of candidates for the position of the Chairperson of the Management Board of NPC UKRENERGO.
Name of the Company: PRIVATE JOINT STOCK COMPANY NATIONAL POWER COMPANY UKRENERGO (NPC UKRENERGO).
Location of NPC UKRENERGO: Ukraine, 01032, Kyiv, Symona Petliury st., 25.
The main activities of NPC UKRENERGO are performing the functions of the transmission system operator and managing and operating the trunk transmission lines, in particular:
- Ensure security of electricity supply by maintaining a balance between supply and demand;
- Improvement and development of the electricity market in Ukraine by balancing the electricity market and the ancillary services market, fulfilling the role of commercial electricity metering and settlement administrator;
- Development of power transmission system by increasing the capacity of power grids and promoting flexible solutions in the power system of Ukraine;
- Maintenance and management of the high voltage network (220kV and above) and investment in its infrastructure;
- Provision of non-discriminatory access to the grid at fair value for industrial consumers, distribution system operators, energy traders and electricity generators;
- Implementation of the centralised (operational and technological) control of the IPS of Ukraine and organization of information exchange with market operators, market participants, transmission system operators of neighboring countries, ENTSO-E, and the Energy Community in the volumes and in the order determined by market rules, transmission network code, commercial metering code and other regulatory acts;
- Planning the modes of operation of the IPS of Ukraine in accordance with the market rules and the transmission network code;
- Ensuring efficient operational and technological maintenance and repair of the trunk and interstate power grids, reduction of material resources and electricity losses in power grids and operation of the ancillary service market, and acquisition of ancillary services in order to comply with the operational security standards of the integrated power system of Ukraine;
- Participation in the operational monitoring of the movement of fuel (coal, natural gas, fuel oil) at thermal power plants of energy-generating companies and in improving the model of the forecast balance of electricity, fuel and costs of generating TPP companies as market transformations are carried out;
- Participation in development of forecast balances of electricity, fuel and costs of generating TPP companies (annual, quarterly and monthly), preparation for approval, monitoring of implementation and preparation of conclusions and proposals for their optimization;
- Development and implementation of a common technical policy for the development and implementation of telecommunication network, data transmission channels, relay protection and emergency automation systems, automated dispatching and technological control systems, electricity metering and quality control systems;
- Ensuring the parallel work of the IPS of Ukraine with the power systems of other countries and the integration of the IPS of Ukraine into ENTSO-E.
Main tasks and responsibilities of the Chairperson of the Management Board of NPC UKRENERGO:
- Continuation of strategic development of competitive advantages of NPC UKRENERGO for implementation of the latest technologies in the energy sector (smart energy system, demand response, V2G, etc.).
- General management of the company and its activities, implementation of a transparent management model.
- Leading and motivating subordinates to increase employee involvement in the development of a highly effective management team.
- Managing a company with over 8000 employees during profound transformation changes.
- Promotion of the company to the local, regional, national and international communities with encouraging communication, responsibility and perseverance.
- Coordination of cross-border projects and interests, building consensus and maintaining relationships.
- Monitoring the progress of the company development, including performance appraisal and financial results.
- Representing the company in state authorities and in relations with the R
- Managing the process of integration into ENTSO-E.
Persons wishing to participate in the selection (applicants) have to provide basic package of documents to Amrop Ukraine (Executive Search Ukraine LLC) sending it to the address firstname.lastname@example.org until 18:00 Kyiv time, January 27, 2020, (phone for information: +380 44 585 2551), namely:
Application for participation in the selection should be addressed to the Chairman of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee of the Supervisory Board of NPC UKRENERGO Olivier Appert. The application must contain information about the applicant – full name of the applicant, applicant’s registration address, contact phone number, email (template provided) and the following documents:
- Bio or resume (in Ukrainian and English);
- Declaration (template provided) of absence of conflict of interest with NPC UKRENERGO (in Ukrainian and English);
- Consent (template provided) to the processing of personal data (in Ukrainian and English).
List of documents (in any form) required for an interview with the Supervisory Board (list of documents below), indicating their status and a scheduled date (from 28 January to 14 February 2020) of their submission to email@example.com.
Candidates who will be promoted to the second stage of the competition will be interviewed by the NPC Ukrenergo Supervisory Board. For them following documents in Ukrainian or English will have to be sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:00 Kyiv time on 14 February 2020 (prior to the interview):
- copy of personal ID;
- copy of employment record book (if any) or other document certifying work experience (in the absence of the employment record book, copies of reference letters with dates of employment or a report on collected recommendations)
- copy of diploma(s);
- copies of documents about additional education, knowledge, management experience and practical skills, which are desirable or necessary for the fulfillment of his/her duties, taking into account the main directions of activity, strategy of NPC UKRENERGO (if any);
- copy of a criminal record certificate of a competent authority of the country of residence;
- copy of references and other documents at his/her discretion.
The applicant is personally liable for accuracy of the submitted documents and information.
The applicant must be prepared to be interviewed by the Supervisory Board in English.
NPC UKRENERGO website for financial and statistical reporting.
The applicant for the position of the Chairperson of the Management Board has to meet the following requirements:
- have higher education (management or economics) and business education combined with a thorough understanding of technical issues or technical education combined with management experience, leadership skills in large-scale organisations;
- have trackable successful experience in top positions of companies or state institutions in the course of its transformation caused by market changes, such as market liberalization, etc., as well as cross border operations;
- have experience in applying various project management tools and flexible approaches that can be applied with understanding of the complexity and degree of potential risks of projects at NPC UKRENERGO;
- successful experience in building trustworthy relationship with owner and regulator, working with international investors, institutions, successful development of relations both in the public and non-public domains at the local and international levels will be considered an advantage;
- have a deep understanding and recognition of the principles and values of corporate governance;
- have experience in the Ukrainian or Eastern European markets in transition period;
- have impeccable reputation, follow high ethical standards and be honest and transparent;
- have no criminal record and be capable of holding the position.