|Reserve type||Required reserves, MW|
|IPS of Ukraine||Burshtyn Island|
|Frequency Containment Reserve||Upward||126||9|
|Frequency Restoration Reserve||Upward||1000||200|
Organisational and technical characteristics of load frequency control are defined in paragraphs 8.4.2, 8.4.3 and 8.4.4 of Section 8 of Chapter V of the Transmission System Code.
Marginal prices for ancillary services
In connection with the adoption of NEURC Resolution No. 233 dated 15.02.2021, which amended the Methodology for setting prices for ancillary services, NPC UKRENERGO recalculated the Marginal Prices for AS. We publish Marginal prices (UAH/MW excluding VAT) for each type of reserves, effective from 16.02.2021.
Previous editions of the Marginal Prices for AS that were in force before.
Auctions for ancillary services
In pursuance of paragraphs 3.10.12 of the Market rules approved by NEURC Resolution No. 307 dated 14.03.2018, we below publish
The current version of the schedule: Schedule of auctions for ancillary services for 2021 as of 01.07.2021
Verification of compliance in the ancillary services market and the register of ancillary services units
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROVIDERS OF ANCILLARY SERVICES
Within the frames of exercising our powers under Part 5 of Article 69 of the Law of Ukraine “On Electricity Market,” we bring to the notice of market participants the requirements for ancillary service providers.
Ancillary service providers must meet the requirements of:
1. Transmission System Code in terms of AS, in particular:
- paragraphs 1.3 and 1.8 of Chapter IX;
- subparagraph 2 of paragraph 2.7 of Section 2 of Chapter III;
- subparagraph 5 of paragraph 2.5 of Section 2 of Chapter III;
- Section 8 of Chapter V;
- Appendix 7 (Procedure for inspecting and testing power installations of the ancillary service provider).
2. Market rules in terms of AS, in particular:
- paragraphs 3.1.3 and 3.11;
- paragraph 7.5 of Appendix 3 (Standard contract for the provision of ancillary services for active load frequency control);
- paragraph 7.5 of Appendix 4 (Standard contract on the provision of ancillary services to ensure the restoration of the IPS of Ukraine after systemic accidents);
- paragraph 7.5 of Appendix 5 (Standard contract for the provision of voltage and reactive power control services in the mode of synchronous compensator);
- Appendix 6 (Procedure for monitoring the fulfilment of ancillary services obligations by ancillary service providers).
3. NPC Ukrenergo’s document on the development of information technology policy “Technical requirements for the construction of communication channels for the exchange of technological information between the transmission system operator and users of the transmission distribution system,” placed on this website.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PROGRAM OF TESTING POWER INSTALLATIONS OF PASP (POTENTIAL ASP) FOR EACH TYPE OF AS
The testing programmes for ASP (potential ASP) power installations for each type of AS must meet the following requirements:
- Chapter 8 of Section IV of the Transmission System Code (TSC), approved by NEURC Resolution No. 309 dated 14.03.2019
- Section II of Appendix 7 to the TSC (in particular, contain all the steps provided for in paragraph 2 of Section II of Appendix 7 to the TSC)
- Provide a stage for verification of the monitoring system, the requirements for which are defined in Appendix 6 to the Market Rules, approved by NEURC Resolution No. 307 dated 14 March 2019.
The procedure for verification and testing of power installations of an ancillary services provider is approved by the Regulator as part of the TSC.
In accordance with paragraph 5.1. of Chapter 1 of Appendix 7 of the TSC, ASP (potential ASP) initiates the process of Verification of ASP not later than 30 calendar days before the scheduled date of testing of power installations of ASP (potential ASP) by submitting a request to the TSO.
The Request Form and an Appendix to it (Questionnaire), potential AS suppliers should send to NPC Ukrenergo to initiate the ASP Verification process.
*Available only in Ukrainian.