Activity of international financial donors is the driving force behind institutional changes, fight against corruption and renovation of Ukrainian legislation. The example of Ukrenergo’s cooperation with IBRD proves successful realization of foreign investments in our country. The projects we implement with IBRD’s financing are large infrastructure projects. Our common goal is to facilitate implementation of key reforms in energy sector by creating preconditions for launch and efficient functioning of a full-scale electricity market.
Second electricity transmission project (ETP-2)
The key purpose of this project is to enhance security, reliability and effectiveness of electricity transmission, improve compensation of reactive capacity in power grids to create technical conditions for approximation of integration of Ukraine’s IPS into the European Network of Electricity Transmission System Operators (ENTSO-E) and allow Ukraine to become an important, full-fledged player in European electricity markets. This project is aimed at facilitating implementation of key reforms in energy sector by creating preconditions for the launch and efficient functioning of a full-scale electricity market.
Loan Agreement between Ukraine and IBRD, signed on 10.02.2015 and entering into force on 09.06.2015
Project Implementation Agreement between Ukrenergo NPC SE and IBRD, signed on 10.02.2015
Clean Technology Fund (CTF) Loan Agreement between Ukraine and IBRD, signed on 10.02.2015 and entering into force on 09.06.2015
CTF-Financed Project Implementation Agreement between Ukrenergo NPC SE and IBRD, signed on 10.02.2015
IBRD and CTF loan closing date: 30 June 2020; IBRD loan repayment date: 15 July 2032; CTF loan repayment date: 15 July 2034
Total Project value: USD 378.425 million, including:
IBRD loan: USD 330 million
Amount used: USD 10.825 million (0.25% one-time fee)
Clean Technology Fund loan: USD 48.425 million
Amount used: USD 218 thousand (0.45% one-time fee)
Description of project:
– Part 1 “Reconstruction of transformer substations”:
– Pivnichna PS: Kremenchuk 330 kV SS, Sumy 330 kV SS
– Tsentralna PS: Novokyivska 330 kV SS; Zhovtneva 330 kV SS, Zhytomyrska 330 kV SS, Cherkaska 330 kV SS
– Part 2.1 “Implementing the program of integrating Ukraine’s IPS into ENTSO-E”: installing and connecting compensating devices of reactive capacity for Novovolynsk 330 kV, Lutsk Pivdenna 220 kV, Kovel 330 kV, Shepetivka 330 kV and Kamianets-Podilska 330 kV substations
– Part 2.2 “Smart grid” (implementing advanced technologies of intellectual management of power systems and grids to optimize their functioning and ensure security, reliability and effectiveness of electricity transmission in the conditions of integrating renewable sources of energy into IPS)
– Part 2.3 “Balancing market” (implementing an IT system and related means of communication to act as the System Operator of the Balancing Market)
– Part 2.4 “Institutional development of Ukrenergo NPC SE (implementation of information management system, audit, consultative services and personnel training at the Company).
12 contracts are expected to be signed within this project’s framework during 2017-2018, including six contracts on reconstruction of 330 kV SSs of Pivnichna and Tsentralna Power Systems, and contracts on installation of compensating devices at five 220-330 kV SSs, implementation of a balancing market, information control system and smart grids, and two consulting service contracts.
Expected Project completion term: 2020