Ukrenergo is a certified transmission system operator synchronously interconnected with ENTSO-E Continental Europe, holding leading positions among Eastern European TSOs in terms of effectiveness, reliability, energy security level and technological development. Ukrenergo serves as a platform for implementation of new technologies in the power sector (smart grid, demand response, V2G etc.).
The creation of conditions for the sustainable development of the Ukrainian economy by means of ensuring the functioning of a competitive, transparent and liberal electricity market, single with the EU countries, and providing equal opportunities to all market participants, including renewable energy sources, regarding unrestricted continuous access to the transmission system.
Strategic goals for the next 10 years:
- To ensure long-term reliable operation and development of the transmission system
- To create conditions for interconnection of the Ukrainian electricity market with the pan-European electricity market and integration of the IPS of Ukraine into ENTSO-E
- To ensure stable and balanced operation of the IPS of Ukraine
- To minimise the cost of the company’s services in the long run
- To reduce the price of electricity transmission for consumers by means of investing in infrastructure development, improving management efficiency and optimising the use of funds.