11/8 Dorogozhytska str, 4-5 floors,
Phone.fax: +38 (044) 594-79-27, (044) 594-79-76
|Head – Chief State inspector of Ukraine on power supervision||Vadym Antoniuk|
|First Deputy Head||Vadym Polishchuck|
|Deputy Head on power supervision – Deputy Chief State inspector of Ukraine on power supervision||Roman Bodnar|
Responsibilities and functions
State Inspectorate on Energy Supervision of Ukraine consists of the State Inspectorate on Energy Supervision of the electric and heat energy consumption (State Energy Supervision) and the State Inspectorate on the power stations and grids operation.
State Energy Supervision tasks and functions include:
- Implementation of the auxiliary measures to ensure the reliable and sustainable functioning of the IPS of Ukraine in accordance with the legislation, control over observance by the subjects of power industry, subjects of relations within heat supply and electrical energy consumers of the normative-legal and normative-technical acts regarding energy generation, supply and consumption
- Performance of control over elimination of the violations of law by the power energy subjects, subjects of relations within heat supply and electrical energy consumers, regarding energy generation, supply and consumption.
- Organization of the development and implementation of the consumers electrical installations technical exploitation Rules in accordance with the established procedure, Rules of the municipal heat supply systems technical operation, Rules regarding operation of the thermal power plants and heating networks, as well as other normative and methodological documents in accordance with its competence;
- Participation in the working out of the measures to ensure the reliable and trouble-proof power supply together with the subjects of the energy industry, subjects of the relations within heat sphere and electricity consumers;
- Control of the technical terms, norms, rules and standards observance at the new and reconstructed electrical and heat units; approval of the readiness for operations;
- Organization of work regarding setting of the electricity modes to the consumers (consumption of the electricity volumes and capacity), approval to consumers the boundary values of the electrical capacity consumption;
- Participation of in the investigations or the incidents reasons and consequences at the power units of the electrical subjects and objects of the heat supply as well as the electrical units of the power consumers lead to the infringement of the operational modes of the other power consumers, subjects of the energy industry or subjects of the relation within heat supply;
- Consideration and solution within the scope of the competence of the issues arising in the subjects of power industry, subjects of relations in the field of heat supply and consumers of electricity;
- Supervision within the competence of the following:
– assurance of the sustainable power supply;
– technical state and organization of the electric and heat units operation as well as power industry subjects networks, subjects of the relations within heat supply and electricity consumers;
– observance of the power industry subjects, subjects of relations within heat supply and electricity consumers of:
- Energy generating, supply and consumption modes (active, reactive, heating);
- Modes provided by the regulative documents (temperature schedules) and energy supply to the residential areas (citizens);
- Normative documents requirements regulating reactive energy flow;
- Requirements of the rules and other normative and legal as well as normative and technical acts concerning electricity and heat supply issues;
- Readiness of the energy subjects. Subjects of relations within heat supply and energy consumers to operate in autumn-winter period in cases of emergencies;
- Provision of the relevant dispatch management of the power utilities;
- Readiness of the autonomous supply resources to provide the consumers with the electricity of the first category especially of a special group, 1st category.
According to the Law of Ukraine “On electricity” the state supervision in energy sector is being performed by the State Inspectorate on the power stations and networks operation (hereinafter referred to as the State inspectorate).
Main tasks and functions of the State Inspectorate on the power stations and networks operation are following:
– provision of compliance with the technical operation requirements as regards to power stations and networks (except power and heat networks controlled by the State Inspectorate on the energy supervision of the electric and heat energy consumption) , nuclear power plants (except a nuclear part), technical operation of the power equipment connected to the IPS of Ukraine as well as objects of the state enterprise observing management of the IPS;
– control of the measures fulfillment as regards to incidents or other malfunctions within power industry objects as well as readiness of the enterprises to liquidate possible operational disorders;
– organization of the incidents investigation and malfunctions of the power industry objects according to the current legislation; working out of the measures to prevent the following malfunctions, accounting and analysis;
– Control of the accident-prevention operation and fulfillment of the accident-prevention measures at the power industry objects.
State inspectorate according to the state supervision in energy sector tasks:
- Performs a systematic examination of the power industry objects and operational organization, periodic technical supervision of the following objects due to the Rules of a technical operation of the power stations and networks, controls the fulfillment of the Rules on power equipment installment, elimination of the infringements of the normative and legal acts in power sector;
- Supervises the correspondence, accounting and organization of the normative and legal acts fulfilment on electricity issues as well as time frames of implementation and quality of the preplanned prevention maintenances of the energy industry objects;
- Controls the fulfillment of the preventive measures concerning accidents and disorders in the power sector objects;
- Checks the operational readiness of the objects to be commissioned providing conclusions and notes mandatory for all design, construction and maintenance companies in order to ensure a sustainable and reliable operation of the power industry objects according to the normative acts;
- Provides advises to eliminate the infringements of the normative and legal acts, prepares and send the informational letters to the power industry objects, operational messages and analytical overviews as regards to infringements occurred in the operational process of the following objects;
- Provides NERC (upon request) with the conclusions on the technical state of the equipment and networks of the power industry objects to issue them the permits;
- Submits to NERC the material on infringement the terms of the operational activities according to the permits at the objects;
- Establishes commissions to investigate the accidents and failures at the power industry objects according to a current procedure;
- Establishes time frames of the out-of-turn examination of awareness about Rules of the technical operation of the power stations and networks of the management of the power industry objects who admitted the failures, disasters and infringements of the Rules and guidelines or did not fulfill the notes of the State inspectorate;
- Participates in checking the knowledge of the top-management of the energy industry objects within normative and legal acts provisions, Rules of the technical operation of the power stations and networks as well as Rules of the power equipment installment according to the established procedure;
- hears reports of the power industry objects managers on the results of investigation of technological violations or on the issues of the threat of their occurrence in order to prevent the following infringements as well as on the results of inspections of the operational state of the power industry objects submitting the relevant material to the NERC;
- controls the organization and periodicity of the special training of workers providing operational and technological management and maintenance of the power equipment at the power industry objects and checks their knowledge of the normative and legal acts on within power sector;
- Participates in the international cooperation, examines, generalizes and expands the global experience concerning improvement of the operational reliability of the power industry objects within State inspectorate competency.
Annual Action Plan 2018*
Work Plan Progress Report 2017*